These are my favorite lines from the self-development books that I have read. These are my highlights – the lines I will live by. I may no longer find the time to read the books again but I will definitely reread these highlighted lines to guide me. Click here to get a copy of the book.
32 Best Lines & Quotes from The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Define the worst case, accept it and do it.
- Success can be measured on the number of uncomfortable conversations you’re willing to have.
- Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Tomorrow becomes never. No matter how small the task, take the first step now.
- Lack of time is actually lack of priorities
- Beg for forgiveness, don’t ask for permission.
- Do not work harder when the solution is working smarter.
- Be a member of your target market and don’t speculate what others need or be willing to buy.
- The main benefit of your product should be explainable in one sentence or phrase.
- Price high and then justify.
- It’s too big a world to spend most of your life in a cubicle.
- He could never go back and recapture years spent doing something he disliked.
- If you can’t define it or act upon it – forget it.
- To be correct 95% of the time requires 6 months of concentrated effort, whereas to be correct 98% of the time requires 20 – 30 years.
- Remembering that you are going to dies is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
- The only rules and limits are only those we set for ourselves.
- In order to do the big things, you have to let the small bad things happen.
- 10-day media fast and felt like I’d had a two-year vacation from computers.
- You can turn off the noise without the world ending.
- If you have trouble deciding what to do, just focus on not doing.
- Profit in the least time with the least effort.
- More customers isn’t the goal, more profit is.
- Well designed and well targeted advertising works the first time.
- What I do now is only what I really love to do.
- I went from 9+ hours of work a day to 4 hours a week.
- Developing a method of receiving income from US.
- I could make 2-3x my previous monthly income by simple writing once or twice a week for my site (4-5 hours).
- When I’m “on”, I’m really on and when I’m “off”, I’m off – good luck trying to contact me.
Questions to Reflect on:
- Do you really think it will improve or is it wishful thinking and an excuse for inaction?
- The question you should be asking isn’t “what do I want?” or “what are my goals?” but “what would excite me?”
- Am I inventing things to do to avoid the important?
- If this is the only thing I accomplish today, will I be satisfied with my day?
What’s your favorite line so far?