These are my favorite lines from the self-development books that I have read. These are my highlights – the lines I will live by. I may no longer find the time to read the books again but I will definitely reread these highlighted lines to guide me. Click here to get a copy of the book.
19 Lines for Deep Thoughts from Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The donkey’s owner may be going where he wants to, but the donkey is chasing an illusion. Tomorrow, there will only be another carrot for the donkey,
- If people are prepared to be flexible, keep an open mind and learn, they will grow richer and richer despite tough changes.
- Assets put money in your pocket. A liability is something that takes money out of your pocket.
- The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.
- The greatest losses of all are those from missed opportunities. If all your money is tied up in your house, you may be forced to work harder.
- If I quit my job today, I would be able to cover my monthly expenses with the cashflow from my assets.
- The rich focus on their asset columns while everyone focuses on their income statements.
- These ideas still focus on the income column and will only help a person become more financially secure if the additional money is used to purchase income-generating assets.
- Keep your day job, be a great hardworking employee, but keep building that asset column.
- Each dollar in my asset column was a great employee, working hard to make more employees and buy the boss a new Porsche.
- Consider finding out more about the benefits and protection offered by a corporation as soon as possible.
- It will be a time of watching some people move boldly forward while others cling to worn-out life preservers.
- The world is always handing you opportunities of a lifetime, every day of your life, but all too often we fail to see them.
- Workers work hard enough to not be fired, and owners pay just enough so that workers won’t quit.
- The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
- It took a day to read the book, a day to take action, an hour for lunch, and a day to acquire two great deals.
- Portfolio income is the income that makes Bill Gates the riches man in the world, not earned income.
- The key to financial freedom and great wealth is a person’s ability to convert ordinary income into passive and / or portfolio income.
- Ordinary income is money you work for, and passive and portfolio income is money working for you.
What’s your favorite line so far?