These are my favorite lines from the self-development books that I have read. These are my highlights – the lines I will live by. I may no longer find the time to read the books again but I will definitely reread these highlighted lines to guide me. Click here to get a copy of the book.
11 Questions to Reflect on from Never Get Angry Again by David J. Lieberman
- We must open ourselves up to the field of possibilities by asking ourselves, What do I want out of life?
- What would you do if you could not fail?
- What would you do if you didn’t have the problems that you have?
- What would you do if you had all the money that you ever needed?
- What would you do if no one would ever find out/if everyone would find out?
- “What lesson can I learn from this person?”
- What is my objective right now? What can I control right now? What can I say or do to find a solution or to better the situation?
- Why would we choose to focus on what disturbs us, rather than on what enthuses or invigorates us?
- It comes down to a choice. Are you going to live your life of appreciation or expectation?
- We can’t expect to control the first thought that enters our minds, but how much energy do we give to it to feed on?
- Will we rise to meet life head-on or turn away and sink into the deceptive comfort of a counterfeit existence?
What’s your favorite line so far?